Thursday, April 2, 2015

We Have a BIG Announcement!

This is my official public announcement.......
 
I am leaving my job to homeschool my children.
 

Yes, you read that correctly.  Today was much more difficult that I expected.  My stomach was in knots as I sat at my desk in the office, writing my resignation letter.  Handing the letter to my boss was met with a sigh of sadness.  For me, it was all too bittersweet.  I have a fantastic office job, which I dreamed of all throughout high-school.  I have an amazing boss who has balanced the role of boss and friend with incredible grace.  All my coworkers are like a tight-knit family.  Let's not forget that I get a paycheck, too! 
 
A Season of Change
 
Making the decision to homeschool my children was not the difficult choice. I knew before I ever had kids that my ultimate desire was to homeschool when they came along.  Let's face it...Life happens.  Many mothers do not even have the option to be a stay at home mom.  I have not always had the option.  Alas, do not be fooled into thinking we're swimming in the dough!  We weighed the challenges, crunched the numbers, and are making sacrifices to make this happen.  But it's worth it. 
 
Nurturing a Love of Learning

 
 
Children are always learning.  They're like sponges, soaking up everything around them.  The Bible instructs and commissions parents with the primary responsibility of teaching and disciplining children.  This is my definition of success, my great ministry.  Teaching my kids and raising them in the ways of God is my main mission.  I am not simply preparing them to make it through life. My children are eternal beings and will live forever.  That's what I'm preparing them for.  
 
Let the heads roll.... 
 
Every life-changing decision will be met with criticism.  Friends or family members will have questions and comments tinged with skepticism.  I've decided that it is O.K.  In the past, I've been known to try to justify decisions that we've made.  However, my aim is to please God and do what is best for my family.  My Family.  At this time and in this season, I do not have any doubts that homeschool is God's will for my family.  I will, however, ask for your prayerful support in this time of transition as we embark on this new journey.
 
 
It has only begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment