Friday, May 4, 2012

Thankful Thursday


My list of things I'm thankful for this week:

1.  My Grandma - I don't have a picture for her because she is so incredibly camera shy.  But this woman is phenomenal.  She is such an inspiration and a huge help to me.  She herself rose above a difficult divorce years ago.  She always keeps a positive outlook and doesn't ever seek revenge.  She has such a sweet spirit.  She has helped me with my kids so much and saved my sanity.  She is amazing.  There is no one I have ever met that is quite like her and I love her with all my heart.  I don't know what I'm going to do or how I'm going to function when the Lord calls her up.  She has been my rock through so many of life's trials.  

2.  Friends - They make life wonderful.  Chrissy has been there for me through a lot and always has my back.  I know that she will be there at the end of the day helping me through anything, getting my back no matter what.  Erin C. is always up for hanging out and taking the kids to play.  She loves to escape everything we me whenever its possible.  She is one of the few who has always kept contact with me regardless of what was going on.  There are others worth mentioning.  But that will be another post on another day.  
Chrissy and I at the Miranda Lambert Concert!
(Circa April 2012)

Erin and I 
(Circa June 2007)

3.  Razors - For without them, my legs would never be smooth.  LOL!  Ok seriously, I am very thankful for my razor.  I know, it's extremely random.  But I really don't know how I'd survive without one.  It is one of my best friends, hands down.  C'mon, everyone likes to be clean.  

4.  Disney on Ice!!! - Chrissy won tickets from Cool 104.7 radio station this morning to the show tonight at Verizon Arena in Little Rock!  So we took Rainbow and her daughter, Riley to go see it.  The girls had a blast!  And they were totally worn out by time we got home from the massive amount of excitement!  












5.  God has a plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you a hope and a future:  this is my final thing I'm thankful for this week.  I have been through a lot in my 24 years of life.  I learned what it meant to love with all my heart, and to have that same heart shattered.  I've experienced the love that comes with being a mother.  I've learned that the easy way usually isn't the best.  I've learned that you'll sacrifice and wait if something is worth having.  I've learned that life usually isn't fair and that maturity comes at the price of your innocence.  I'm not perfect and I've never claimed to be.  I've made mistakes in my life and done things I'm not proud of.  I've gone against the grain and ignored warnings from those who love me.  And now here I am.  I realize that everything happens for a reason and God never closes one door without opening another.  A couple of months ago, I was waking up and just trying to survive till my head hit the pillow.  A couple of weeks ago, I was ignoring everything and I was numb.  A few weeks ago, I let my wall down and exposed myself to everything I ignored so I could deal with it.  A few days ago, I finally let go of all the bitterness.  I let go.  Completely.  No more hopes and dreams and wishes from the past at all.  Nothing.  And here I am today feeling alive.  Very much alive.  I realize now how true this one saying is - "You can't embrace the future if you won't let go of the past."  Well I did.  And I'm ready to embrace the future.  And I refuse to feel guilty or accept guilt that anyone tries to push on me because I am.  Everyday I have a little more hope that my future will be much more wonderful than my past.  Especially today.  Today I am so incredibly happy and there is no way to put it into words.  I haven't felt like I do right now since I can even remember.  There is so much possibility.  I do not fear tomorrow.  I know I will love again.  I just know it.  And I've got a feeling that I'll be ready when it comes, too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment