Friday, May 11, 2012

Thankful Thursday



Well I missed What I love Wednesday, and I'm barely making Thankful Thursday.  Technically it's Friday, but it's still Thursday for me.  Haha!

1.  Body Gospel by Beachbody - This workout program is awesome!  I was extremely hesitant to do it initially because I thought it just sounded so incredibly cheesy!  But after starting it, I'm realizing that I'm getting a very good workout without feeling like I'm killing myself.  I started TurboFire in the beginning because I wanted something hardcore.  But I felt like I was killing myself just to get through half of the workouts.  I would find myself playing around and taking too much time just to start my workout.  And not to mention that my joints, especially my knees, were hurting constantly.  I realized that maybe, just maybe, I had picked a workout program that was too intense for me to handle yet.  This was very difficult for me to admit, even to myself.  I have the tendency to think I can do anything.  So through my shame, I had a talk with my upline coach and she surprised me!  She basically told me that I should re-start my 90 days with my mom's program, Body Gospel, with no condemnation whatsoever!  So I did and I think that's the best thing I could have done for myself.  I'm not fiddling around before my workouts because they are only 30 minutes long.  I'm very tired and worked very good by the end, but I don't feel like I'm about to hyperventilate and kill over.  And the next day, I have some muscle soreness...my not to the point where I can barely move.  This program is going to help get me back into shape and raise my fitness level.  Maybe after a round or two of Body Gospel, I'll be ready to tackle TurboFire.  But in the mean time, I'm happy with this.  

2.  My Mom - In light of Mother's Day this weekend, I thought I would mention my mom.  We butt head a lot.  But regardless of how much arguing we do or don't do, she is always there when I really need her.  And if she can't be, she does her best to make it up.  While I'm struggling to try to make it going through this divorce, she has opened her home to me and the girls.  I'm very thankful that I always have a place to call home.  It's true what they say, "Home is where my mom is."  

3.  My friend, Erin C. - I love the fact that if I'm lonely and just need someone to talk to for no apparent reason, I can call Erin up and ask her to meet me at McDonald's so the kids can play together in the play place.  If she has the ability to find any way to get there with her kids, she's there in a heartbeat.  We will let the kids play and get a kiddy ice cream cone, and we will sit there and just talk about everything under the sun.  And I mean it, we will talk forever!  And whatever was on my mind, making me sad, getting me down, making me bored...is completely gone.  We will talk about our issues, talk about what we are happy about.  When we are done updated each other on the latest, it's time to bring on the jokes!  Needless to say, I am very thankful for Erin and her friendship.  

4.  Google - Seriously.  If it weren't for Google search, I seriously doubt I would have a completed cover letter, resume, and reference list to turn in tomorrow for a job I'm applying for.  

5.  Hope - It's all that's been getting me through.  The hope that tomorrow will be better.  The hope that I will be able to provide for my children.  The hope that I will find someone, someday who will love me like my husband was supposed to.  The hope that all is not lost, and I will live again.  The hope that I have in God for my salvation.  Hope...the last light in the darkness.






No comments:

Post a Comment