Saturday, April 28, 2012

White Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Rods with Sprinkles

*These were delicious*
Yesterday we made our white chocolate dipped pretzel rods with the hot pink sprinkles Rainbow picked out.  We called them our "Royal Princess Wands" because this is National Princess Week!  


What you need:
1 bag of Pretzel rods
1 box of white chocolate squares
*or*
1 bag of white chocolate chips
sprinkles
Recipe yields about 24 covered pretzel rods


I will be honest with ya'll.  I burnt the chocolate because I got distracted with Rainbow.  Imagine that!  So my batch only yielded about 12 pretzels!  But that's ok because they were amazing!!

You need to melt your chocolate.  Mine called for 2 minutes in the microwave.  Well my chocolate burned at 1:20 so please, watch your chocolate closely!  

Lay out some wax or parchment paper on a cookie sheet and out on the table.  The cookie sheet will be where you place your pretzels to dry, and the paper out on the table will be to sprinkle the sprinkles over.  I was out of wax and parchment paper so I substituted with aluminum foil.  

Cover 3/4 of the pretzel rod with chocolate and allow the excess to drip off.  Then sprinkle with your sprinkles.  




Lay them on the tray, spaced apart, to dry.

The end result!!!

Rainbow LOVED them!



On another note, the kids and I enjoyed a good, lazy, cartoon-filled, Saturday morning.  This is how Rainbow insisted on eating her oatmeal!

Play time for Ladybug...

...Cartoon time for Rainbow...  

...And relax time for Mommie.  :)






2 comments:

  1. Cute!!! You can also tie pretty pink curling ribbon on them and stick them in a pretty vase. They make perfect "wands" to serve at pink princess birthday parties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara, that's a great idea! I found little pretzel bags at walmart, too. I almost bought them, but I didn't want to spend the extra since they weren't leaving the house. I definitely will be doing these for birthday parties!

    ReplyDelete